Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall is in the Air

I love the fall season!! I think it's almost my favorite season of all. Of course, since I've come to the season in my own life where I am hot 99% of the time (with or without AC), I think the idea of having a cooler atmosphere thrills me beyond belief! Ahhh.....blissful.

Today is rainy, windy, and . . . chilly. I have every window wide open in the house. I love the smell of the outdoors. Fall has its own smell laced with falling leaves, damp earth, and the distant odor of wood smoke from a far off chimney. Which brings me to the next thing -

Hot cocoa! Fall isn't fall without the first cup of hot cocoa. So, in honor of the season, here is my favorite recipe. I actually whipped up a huge batch of it today! Enjoy!!


Grandma Atwell's Delicious Hot Cocoa Mix


28 oz pckg. powdered milk
16 oz. jar of powdered non-dairy creamer
16 oz jar hot chocolate mix
1 - 2 cups of powdered sugar
13 oz malted milk powder (totally optional)

Mix all ingredients in a huge bowl thoroughly.

You can add approximately 3-4 TBSP into a cup of hot milk or water. Stir and enjoy.

This also makes a great gift!

Now, get some cocoa and enjoy a quiet moment savoring the fall colors, smells, and dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you added a recipe on this one. Have to say I am very jealous of your change in weather as it rarely changes here. Sometimes you just have to say the heck with it and have cocoa anytime, anywhere...no matter how hot it is where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Just turn up the furnace. Or turn off the a/c!! Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete