Monday, September 6, 2010

Whose?

His Prairie Princess....what in the world?

It is a rather odd title. But, it just fits so well and it kept coming to me, over and over. So, I decided to go with it!

First of all, let me explain "prairie princess" lest you get the vision of me sitting on a mound of Kansas dirt with tall grass surrounding my frame, basking in the hot sun with my diamond crown sparkling and dazzling until the eyes of the prairie dogs are blinded. It's not like that at all.

I am simply misplaced. But, I'm misplaced by God, so that really makes me in place. I was raised a princess....meaning, an only child of a doting daddy and a fun mom who just happened to reside in the comfy suburbs of the 60s and 70s. I didn't like getting dirt on my fingers, and I preferred a quiet reading chair over a romp in the park. My room held a sweet white canopy bed with matching dressers (I can still smell that new wood smell!) embellished with rubbed gold. We weren't rich and I didn't wear diamonds....but princess is rather fitting. I spent much of my childhood daydreaming about my prince and wondering when he would appear. Little did I know he would come blasting out of the Missouri Ozark Hills, the most handsome man in the world ready to rescue me!

And, as you can guess, that's where prairie comes in! Instead of fluffing my newly wedded home in the 'burbs, I found myself whisking a steady supply of dirt into my broom pan from the cowboy boots of my man. Instead of settling into my exciting high rise loft overlooking a pulsating city of cement and people, I fell asleep to the sound of frogs and crickets, the soft breeze of the Ozark nights wafting through the curtains. Ahh, the prairie.

And, that's who I am today. The "His" - well, that comes from the One who owns me today. And, although many of you probably think that's Steve, lo and behold, it's not. It's the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Lord, and therefore, I am His Prairie Princess!!

So much more to share....how I got here, what I've learned, and what I am finding every single day in the tucks and folds of life. So, come back regularly. I know you'll find something to relate to whether you are a princess or a tomboy, a city slicker or a country gal. We'll have fun! See ya soon!

3 comments:

  1. I think Prairie Princess is so fitting for you, my friend! I love your devotionals, and your blog is so pretty. I look forward to reading more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I have been waiting since high school to read you in 'print' and this is the next best thing! You are a very gifted young lady...keep it coming...I did not want that blog to end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet comments, Ladies!!! Love you! And - please do keep coming back. Such grand encouragement!

    ReplyDelete